Aesthetics Daily – Usually, women like to go to beauty salons to take care of their hair. Girls want their hair to be neater, look beautiful all day long. At the salon, the hairstylist straightens your hair with a tool such as a flat iron. If you do it too often, it will damage your hair down to the roots.
Straight hair is the dream of most women. But the problem is, they often come at the expense of long-term hair health. Just so you know, beauty salons use harsh chemicals to straighten hair.
As a result, chemicals can be absorbed through the scalp and then spread throughout the body through the blood vessels. It is also possible to inhale the chemical through the respiratory tract. These are some of the disadvantages of using chemicals that you need to be aware of because you don’t want to damage your hair in the first place.
Tips for Straightening Hair Naturally & Long Lasting
There are various ways you can do to straighten your hair. Your choice depends on the type and condition of your hair and the hairstyle you want.
The straightening process will be easier if your hair is wavy. Meanwhile, curly hair requires a different approach. For more details, learn how to straighten hair for curly and wavy hair using natural ingredients. With these various ways, you no longer need to bother visiting a beauty salon just to straighten your hair.
How to Straighten Wavy Hair with Natural Ingredients
1. Aloe vera
As a plant that is often used to treat hair, you can use aloe vera to straighten hair. Use these easy steps to straighten wavy hair with aloe:
- Prepare the aloe vera stick and separate the gel from the flesh,
- Put the aloe vera in a small saucepan and heat it until the contents are melted,
- For an hour, leave until the gel cools down,
- Apply on the hair shaft and let stand for about 40 minutes,
- After the gel dries on the hair, rinse the hair with clean water.
2. Olive oil & banana
You can easily straighten your hair by using a combination of banana and olive oil. Not only that, they can also improve the quality of hair texture.
Bananas and olive oil which contain vitamin E can accelerate hair growth. Thus, they are beneficial for dealing with the problem of hair loss.
Follow these steps to make a blended hair mask:
- Mash 2 ripe bananas then mix with 3 tablespoons of olive oil,
- Stir until combined and thickened,
- Apply on the hair shaft and leave for 1 hour,
- Rinse hair with water and shampoo until clean.
3. Papaya & honey
Various kinds of minerals and vitamins contained in papaya are very beneficial for hair health. The benefits of papaya have been recognized for generations, although the aroma of papaya tends to be unpleasant.
To straighten hair with papaya, apply these easy steps:
- Prepare 1 papaya according to hair length then cut into small pieces and puree with a blender,
- Mix the mashed papaya with 2 teaspoons of honey until it thickens,
- Apply a mixture of papaya and honey on all parts of the hair from root to tip,
- Let stand for an hour and a half then rinse thoroughly with cold water and shampoo,
- Do this treatment once a week on a regular basis.
4. Water & vinegar
You can get straight and natural hair using a mixture of water and vinegar. With ingredients that are not too harsh, water and vinegar can make your hair look brighter.
Make a water and vinegar hair mask in the following way:
- Take 4 drops of vinegar with a glass of water and then put it in a glass of water, stir until evenly distributed,
- Apply to the hair shaft sufficiently,
- Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes,
- With water and shampoo, rinse hair thoroughly.
5. Milk & eggs
Protein-rich eggs are able to loosen the hair, causing it to fall out gently. Make sure you follow these steps to make a hair mask that combines milk and eggs.
- Depending on the length of the hair, prepare 3-4 eggs, separate the whites,
- Combine eggs with 3 cups milk, stir until thickened,
- Apply the mask from the roots to the bottom of the hair,
- Wrap hair in a warm towel or shower cap,
- Let stand for 20-30 minutes then rinse with water until clean.
Related to Hair Treatment:
- 3 Types of Hair & Their Characteristics: Normal, Oily & Dry Hair
- Main Causes of Dandruff and How to Get Rid of It Naturally
- Four Treatments of Scalp & Hair Experience by L’Oréal Professionnel
- 10 Benefits of Hair Spa: Maintaining Hair Roots to Overcoming Dandruff
- 9 of The Most Common Hair Problems & Ways to Overcome Them